Wednesday 23 October 2013

FRIENDS

It is no alien to anyone that all of us have many friends but good friends, very few. When these good friends move away from our life and are not that easily accessible as they used to be, we tend to get bulged with sorrow. It is just that most of us are not that good at handling the separation from social binds. I would call it INERTIA of society which often accepts an intrusion of an outsider but never wants to let any member escape. I have seen many of them in my lifetime till now and I must admit that I am very bad at handling them. I spent most of my childhood in Kolkata and had great friends there.Then I moved from Kolkata to Vijayawada(A.P.) and made many good friends there too. Then I moved from there as well and came to Mumbai. These transitions have been very difficult for me as I knew I won't be seeing many of those friends anymore soon. It has taken a while for me to adjust in Mumbai and I am again in the same condition. 

After having spent almost 2 and  a half years in IIT, I suddenly realized yesterday that some of my friends in the final year are nearing their end in IIT and will be here for merely 5-6 months. I am trying to avoid this fact but I seem to have gotten into the thought. It's getting very difficult for me to take away my mind from this. I know that we can't be permanent anywhere but it is the beauty of bonding that makes us believe that friends are permanent. I wonder how troubled I would feel once I am in my final year and all of us would move out of the campus. 

Friends are like the most vital part of life in the institute. We discuss everything from Politics, Studies, TV Series, Movies, Bollywood, Hollywood and "Comedy Nights with Kapil". We fight with one another, yet hold each other's back. We crack joke on a friend and then follows the epic one liner "Babaji ka thullu". The importance of a friend is realized in almost every thing we do here like proxy, gaming and TREAT. The random chit chats at room, Counter Strike, night whatsapp-ing, morning "gm" messages, Gmail texts and fb messenger are an important part of us. Mann, we know how to make use of all the gadgets and techies we are surrounded by as long as we have the backing of the strong godfather NETMON. We share a look when a hot girl passes in front of us and the short discussion that follows is what charges us. We all have that friend who studies everything for the quiz beforehand but when asked about the syllabus, he contracts his eyebrows and exclaims "Kal quiz hai??". We are never gonna get this kind of fraternity anywhere else and as life goes on, we get incorporated in our own worlds and gradually all of these are just available in our sweet memories to cherish. I don't know how to end this post so, I would go with the trial and tested method, a quote.

A person who truly believes that copying in an exam is wrong and yet agrees to show his answers to a friend, is a true friend. :P

- HARSH ANKUR




No comments:

Post a Comment