Sunday 27 October 2013

The day I met Lucky Ali

So, I moved from Kolkata to Vijayawada. My life has been a mixture of two immiscible liquids where the first half was before I was sent to a Boarding School in Vijayawada and the later half is post that. I call it, sort of a, turning point of my life. It would be difficult for anyone to digest that I faintly remember my likes and dislikes of the first half of my life now. And the feeling which I get when I face some of my favorites of the past is both amazing and awkward at the same time. I will be talking about one such experience in this post.
I had been a fan of the singer Lucky Ali since I was 5. I used to religiously listen to his songs everyday. On cassettes, TV and radio. I always had the name "Lucky Ali" on my mouth whenever I needed to compliment someone with a gifted voice. Nowadays, it was like I was in the mid of the trend. I was just following what others needed to hear. I followed all new songs, especially from famous bands from the US. What I didn't know that I already had a great collection of songs back home in the first half of my life.
Day before yesterday, a friend invited me to come for a show by Lucky Ali who was supposed to have an interactive session with the students of IIT-Bombay, the next day. I was paused for a little while and thought to myself, "Why the hell did I not listen to his songs all these years when I have a super fast internet facility?" . I definitely agreed to join my friend for that. We went there and after 15-20 minutes of him talking about his life, someone rose up and requested him to sing. He began and there I was, mesmerized. The feeling was the same that I used to have long ago. I got caught into the song till it stopped. Now here is the best part. When we got outside, we saw him standing outside with a couple of campus representatives, probably waiting for his car. I approached him. I said that I had been a great fan of him since I was 5 and whether we could have a pic with him. He agreed and both me and my friend had pics clicked with him. This made my day and I am thankful to that friend as I wouldn't have known about him, coming to the institute. After that, I had been listening to my old favorites on YouTube and I am in love with them again.


No comments:

Post a Comment